Rare released Sea of Thieves’ third client-side update – a 800 MB download.
Here is what we get:
- Message from Beyond
- A message from the Ferryman has been nailed to the door post on the Ferry of the Damned instructing players on how to scuttle their ship.
- Weapon Balancing – Reduced Blunderbuss Damage and Increased Eye of Reach damage.
- Blunderbuss 10×15 => 10×10
- Eye of Reach 65 => 80
- [PC Only] Aim Down Sights Sensitivity
- We’ve increased the default mouse sensitivity to allow for more efficient aiming and to be in parity with the controller, as we heard your feedback regarding how mouse-mats around the world were being worn out due to how painfully slow it was to aim down the sights.
- We are also currently working on further improvements for a future update which will include an ADS slider in the Settings to allow players to choose a sensitivity they feel comfortable with.
- [PC Only] Mouse Binds
- We’ve added mouse scroll up and down to the list of controls players can use to rebind actions to.
- Enabling ‘non-directional’ chat no longer allows non-crew players to be heard anywhere in the world.
- Players should no longer get into a state where they can no longer equip a second weapon.
- We have corrected an issue with players receiving very little warning of a server shutdown. Players should now receive a minimum warning of 30 minutes for a server shut down.
We are still working to ensure that server shutdowns are something that a player would only experience during scheduled maintenance. In the meantime we aim to give players more opportunity to react to a shutdown should it occur.
- In response to reports of poor ping times in South America, we have now deployed Sea Of Thieves to a South American data centre.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Here is the link to the patchnotes: link